A member organization of the National Association of REALTORS®, GMCBOR is comprised of residential and commercial REALTORS® who subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
The Greater Mason City Board of REALTORS®, established in 1920, is a local real estate association with a membership of over 80 REALTOR® members. GMCBOR also has an affiliate membership of related businesses, financial institutions, and appraisers.
The Mason City Multiple Listing Service, established in 1957, contains residential, land, multi-family and commercial listings from the North Iowa area.
GMCBOR and the Mason City MLS exist to advance the opportunity and ability of its members to conduct business successfully, ethically, and to support the rights of the general public to buy, sell, and own real estate.
Mission Statement: "We provide tools and resources to help our members be more successful in real estate."
GMCBOR seeks to:
- Promote home ownership
- Encourage investment in real estate
- Protect the right to own and use private property
- Enable members to transact business to the advantage and protection of the public and members
- Promote and maintain high standards of conduct
- Advance civil development and economic growth in the Greater Mason City Area and among its citizens
- Work for economy and efficiency in government
- Lend assistance to the IA State Real Estate Commission
- Real Estate Appraisers in the enforcement of their regulations.
Member services include:
- Legislative/Regulatory Advocacy
- Standard Forms
- Legal Hotline
- News and Information
- Meetings and Conventions
- Full member services from Iowa Association of Realtors
The Greater Mason City Board of REALTORS®
627 North Kentucky Ave.,
Mason City, Iowa 50401